My favorite vegan christmas cookies: Cinnamon stars
(and the best: they are gluten free 🙂 )
Ok ok, now I feel its christmas time!
Candies, cookies, christstollen, christmas decoration and it smells like cinnamon and oranges everywhere 🙂
But I though “why do I need to fill my body with all these sweets, where they have all those hidden sugars and other stuff I can’t even recognize?”
The solution: Do it yourself!
That’s the best way to know what you have in your dish, cake, cookies or whatever you like!
Today I want to share a recipe I just tried for cinnamon stars 🙂 so delicious!
Aaand they are vegan, gluten-free and if you want almond free 🙂
- 350 g almonds (or you use walnuts, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts,…) or buckwheat flour
- 50 g coconut blossom sugar (or any sugar you like)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of lemon or orange juice (fresh squeezed!) and which one you take it’s about your taste 🙂 I actually didn’t use it the first time and they were already delicious, also without it.
- 1,5-2 tbsp of agave nectar, honey or maple sirup
- 3 tbsp organic chia seeds (replacing the egg)
- warm water (about 6-7 tbsp, to thicken the chia seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Almonds or any nuts/ buckwheat grain should be grind before.
- Add those nuts, cinnamon and coconut blossom sugar to a big bowl.
- Also grind those chia seeds,mix them with water and allow to swell for about 2-3 minutes.
- Knead the thick chia mass and agave nectar with those things in the bowl until the dough gets a sticky ball. If the dough is to dry, add a sip of water to the dough.
- Roll out the dough between two layers of baking paper or on top of buckwheat flour on the table. Cut out the stars (about 1 cm thick).
- Place the stars on a sheet of baking paper and bake for about 10-15 minutes. They come out a little softer from the oven and harden after cooling.
My favorite: topped with dark chocolate!
Melt the chocolate and while the cookies are still hot, add it on top of them. Let them get cold for about 1 hour, or just leave it over night and the next morning you have delicious cookies 🙂
And if you want, send me pictures, how they turned out 🙂
Or if you have something delicious to add, let me know too 🙂